Monday, April 03, 2006

Ten Years Ago
This is what I was reading ten years ago. I read three to five books a week. Looking back on this list, I remember that "Mornings on Horseback," David McCullough's biography of Theodore Roosevelt, was the first book of his that I read. I have since read all of McCullough's books, and look forward to each new one. I also highly recommend Steve Thayer's "The Weatherman," although it is not for the squeamish. It's a great mystery about a serial killer set in Minneapolis, MN.

Dickens, Charles. Great expectations
Clark, Mary Higgins. Anastasia syndrome and other stories
Vine, Barbara. No night is too long
Truman, Margaret. Murder in the CIA
McCullough., David. Mornings on Horseback
Thomas, Ross. Briarpatch
Thomas, Ross. Chinaman’s chance
Thayer, Steve. The Weatherman: a novel
Patterson, Richard North. Degree of Guilt
Eco, Umberto. Name of the rose
Follett, Ken. Man from St. Petersburg
Follett, Ken. Lie down with lions
Barth, Richard. Rag bag clan: a novel
MacLean, Norman. River runs through it and other stories
Grant, Michael. Rise of the Greeks
Smith, Wilbur A. Elephant song
Coonts, Stephen. Red horseman

No comments: