Sunday, March 12, 2006

On my "Films to See" list

Found a scrap of paper with notes of some films I've missed and want to see. I'm a long time film fan, but admit I haven't had much of a chance to go to the movies lately. That, plus the fact that the only theater in town is a multiplex that shows Disney, action flicks, and teen date movies, has me lagging behind. Of the recent Oscar nominated films, I only saw "Munich," "Pride and prejudice," and "Wallace and Gromit."
The list:

Best actor: Raging Bull, Pianist, Philadelphia, Training Day, Mystic River, Shine

Best actress: Blue Sky, Monsters Ball, Monster, Misery, Hours, Dead Man Walking

Best Picture: Dances with Wolves, Godfather, Million Dollar Baby, Driving Miss Daisy, Beautiful Mind

Best foreign language: Get out your handkerchiefs, Gate of hell

Best documentary: Eleanor Roosevelt story, In the shadow of the stars

No comments: