Tuesday, September 02, 2008


August’s Books

This month’s books include a collection of cartoons by S. Gross, “I am blind and my dog is dead.” Sam Gross’s cartoons have appeared in National Lampoon, Esquire, Gourmet, and most notably, the New Yorker. They are cartoons of few or no words. A fish with legs emerges from the ocean to see a sign, “No evolving allowed on this beach.”


Winchester, Simon. The man who loved China
Lipman, Elinor. My latest grievance
Johnson-Bennett, Pamela. Cat vs. cat
Collins, Kate. Rose from the dead
Ellis, Richard. Tuna: a love story
Gross, S. I am blind and my dog is dead
Riley, Jess. Driving sideways
Cook, Claire. Summer blowout
Benchley, Peter. Shark trouble
Doctorow, C. Down and out in the Magic Kingdom
Bradbury, Ray. Something wicked this way comes
Coultrip-Davis, D. Flavors of Korea
Schilling, Peter. The end of baseball
Brand-Miller. New glucose revolution shopper’s guide
Turtledove, Harry. Gunpowder empire
Kramer, Julie. Stalking Susan

No comments: