Thursday, May 04, 2006



FILM REVIEW

Title: Salton Sea

Thoroughly repellent film about meth dealers. Danny Parker, a jazz trumpeter, loses his wife in a violent murder. Danny then becomes a meth freak and is dealing for a large amount of meth, but is he also ratting out the dealers to the cops? Don’t know, don’t care.
I should have known there was no where to go but down when I saw that Val Kilmer was starring. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him do justice to a role—“Red Planet” was okay, but anyone associated with “The Island of Dr. Moreau” should have their Equity card ripped to shreds. I got the film because Vincent D’Onofrio was in it, but he played an even more repellent character than Kilmer. But in D’Onofrio’s case, I think it was the physically nastiness of the part that put me off, not his acting. The lowlight of the film was when the meth dealer (D’Onofrio) was going to torture Parker (Kilmer). The henchmen pulled down Parker’s pants and shoved a cage with a hungry badger (wolverine?) against his crotch. When you’re on the side of the badger, you know it’s time to call it quits

No comments: